Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Christmas in Colorado 2013

Had to start with a couple of lead up pictures from here in Beijing.  First is one after the boys decorated Christmas cookies and the second is from our early gift opening.

After a week of keeping quiet about being in Colorado and about a zillion "When are the girls getting here?" it was time for the big reveal when my sister and brother came down to Sterling.  We made something up about a new tent in the basement and had the boys jump out of boxes and yell "Surprise!" when they came down the stairs and I think they were.


Christmas Eve at my parents'


Luc flying his new remote controlled airplane with a little help


Christmas Day and more presents


Something I miss about Colorado


Sunrises, sunsets and quick changing weather


A few days earlier Jack was at the park without a coat


Boxer puppies!!  Jack said he'd give up all of his Christmas presents in order to keep one.


Visiting the wildlife sanctuary outside Denver.  I learned about this place from a great and sad documentary called The Elephant in the Living Room.  Kenny made me surrender my wallet before going in to prevent me from donating the boys' college funds to this wonderful place that I wish didn't have to exist.  Luc wants to become a summer volunteer here as soon as he's sixteen and I may tag along.



First professional hockey game


Nugget was enthralled with how popcorn can be popped without a microwave.


Always a sad day when we have to leave family, friends and Colorado, but the long trip home was made a little better with a trip to the cockpit...



And Dennis Rodman being on our plane and being nice enough to take time out of his international diplomatic duties to come up and sign autographs for the boys.

Notice the Champagne bottle he was swigging from on the boys' table.  Guess Celebrity Rehab loses another one.  That show doesn't have such a great track record. Go figure.


Jet lag last night.  I pushed Dominic all over the house on that desk chair.



No comments: